Ronnie Guillen maintains a broad and diverse civil litigation practice, with a strong emphasis in the defense of professional liability and employment claims. Mr. Guillen has represented a broad range of clients in all types of professional liability and employment litigation, including deep experience defending claims of age, disability, race, national origin, and sex discrimination, as well as sexual harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, whistleblower claims, wage hour disputes and medical leave. He has represented employers before both state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies. Mr. Guillen also advises clients with respect to policies and procedures, employment discrimination and employer liability, workplace harassment, disability accommodations, medical leave compliance, workplace investigations and disciplinary actions.
Mr. Guillen has represented both U.S. and international insurers and clients in a variety of general liability matters, including wrongful death, premises liability, sexual abuse torts, vehicular liability, product liability, as well as insurance coverage issues pertaining to professional liability, property insurance, vehicle and no-fault insurance, general commercial liability insurance, health insurance and homeowners and flood insurance. Mr. Guillen has trial and appellate experience in state and federal courts, including having successfully managed numerous cases through jury verdict.
Mr. Guillen previously served as legal intern for the Honorable Patricia Seitz at the United States District Court, Southern District of Florida. He also devotes time to Lawyers for Children America.
- Burrows v. College of Central Florida, 2015 WL 4250427 (M.D. Fla. 2015)
- Joara Freight Lines v. Perez, 160 So.3d 295 (Fla. 3d DCA 2015)
- Burrows v. College of Cent. Florida, 2014 WL 7224533 (M.D. Fla. 2014)
- Hawkins v. Whole Foods Market Group, 2014 WL 2894353 (M.D. Fla. 2014)
- Cortez v. Palace Resorts, Inc., 123 So.3d 1085 (Fla. 2013)
- Goldstein v. Hard Rock Cafe Intern (USA), Inc., 519 Fed. Appx. 653 (11th Cir. 2013)
- Rabie-Cortez v. Palace Holdings, S.A. de C.V., 66 So.3d 959 (Fla. 3d DCA 2011)
- Beaman v. Maco Caribe, Inc., 790 F.Supp.2d 1371 (S.D. Fla. 2011)
- Corporacion Aero Angeles, S.A. v. Fernandez, 69 So.3d 295 (Fla. 4th DCA 2011)
- Valenzuela v. Globe Ground North America, LLC, 18 So.3d 17 (Fla. 3d DCA 2007)
- Smith v. Grove Apartments, LLC, 976 So.2d 582 (Fla. 3d DCA 2007)
- Shoppes of Liberty City, LLC v. Sotolongo, 932 So.2d 468 (Fla. 3d DCA 2006)
ADA Title III Litigation – What are the Courts Saying?, 11th Annual Hospitality Law Conference, Houston, TX, February 2013