Robyn Silvermintz is a partner with Winget, Spadafora & Schwartzberg, LLP. Her practice focuses primarily on the defense of professionals and entities against a wide variety of claims, including, but not limited to discrimination, malpractice and other employment disputes. She has also successfully represented management in employment practices disputes, including wrongful discharge, discrimination litigation and labor matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Robyn worked for the New York City Law Department where she defended all city agencies in various labor and employment disputes. Robyn also defended all city agencies, including the Department of Education, NYPD and FDNY, in various matters ranging from administrative hearings to federal court matters. These matters frequently involved discrimination and due process violation claims.
- Canner, et. al. v. The City of Long Beach, et. al., Eastern District of New York, Docket No.: 2:12-cv-02611. On reconsideration, the Court granted a motion to dismiss the union president due to the Taylor Law mandating that union officers are not subject to personal liability for breach of the duty of fair representation claims. Subsequently, following dismissal of the City employer from the matter, the Court granted the union’s motion to dismiss the breach of the duty of fair representation claim due to the inability of the plaintiffs to prove a violation of the employer, which is a prerequisite to finding a breach of the duty of fair representation by the union.
- “New Jersey Employers Beware – New Jersey Bans Salary Inquiry During Hiring Process,” WSSLLP Alert, August 7, 2019
- “New Jersey Bans the Use of Non-Disclosure Agreements and Arbitration of Discrimination, Retaliation and Harassment Claims,” WSSLLP Alert, March 29, 2019
- “New Jersey Enacts Strongest U.S. Equal Pay Bill into Law,” WSSLLP Alert, May 17, 2018
- Co-Chair, Employment Practices Liability Insurance ExecuSummit, (2015-2021)
- Speaker, It’s About Respect: A Higher Standard of Workplace Culture and Compliance, Gallagher Benefits & HR Consulting Seminar, October 24, 2018
- Comprehensive Insurance Disclosure Act Greatly Expands Defendants’ Obligations for Disclosure of Insurance Information under the CPLR
- WSSLLP joins Diversity Lab’s ‘Mansfield Rule for Midsize Law Firms’ initiative
- Christina M. Rieker and Robyn Silvermintz Named as Co-Chairs of our Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- New York State Legislature Enacts Emergency Disaster Treatment Protection Act
- Small Business Administration Begins Accepting Applications for Emergency Relief Loans