Allison J. Beatty focuses her practice on professional liability, cyber and employment law. She has significant experience defending corporate clients and professionals in disputes involving the securities and insurance industries. She also handles matters defending mortgage, real estate, and other professionals. In addition to the foregoing, Allison has experience defending cemeteries in regard to professional and general liability claims, as well as handling matters involving cyber liability, cyber security and data breaches.
In addition to litigation, Allison also assists individuals and corporate clients with non-litigation matters including responding to regulatory inquiries, preparing for On the Record interviews with FINRA, as well as pre-lawsuit employment issues. She advises employers about disputes that may arise in regard to the termination and recruitment of employees. In particular, Allison has assisted clients faced with alleged violations of trade secret laws, contract disputes, employment discrimination claims, retaliation claims, violations of restrictive covenants and raiding claims. Finally, specific to FINRA members, Allison is well versed in the rules and procedures for seeking an expungement of information on one’s publicly available BrokerCheck and/or CRD report.
During law school, Allison served on the Interscholastic Moot Court Competition Team, as an extern to the Honorable Jane R. Roth of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, as a law clerk for the Community Legal Aid Society Disabilities Law Program, and as an intern for the Honorable Robert Matthews of the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas, Family Court. Allison has also volunteered with several community resource groups providing legal assistance to domestic violence victims and incarcerated juveniles.
- Moore v. Highpoint Solutions LLC, et al., D. NJ Civil Action No. 17-6266 (dismissal of class action data breach claim on the basis that the plaintiffs lacked standing)
- “New Jersey Supreme Court Permits Claim for Violation of the State’s Anti-Discrimination Law for an Employee’s Legal Use of Marijuana,” WSSLLP Alert, March 12, 2020
- Digital Currency and its Evolving Future of Litigation, Celesq AttorneysEd Center, December 18, 2019
- “Protecting Yourself Against Professional Liability Lawsuits“, ICCFA Magazine, publication of the International Cemetery, Cremation & Funeral Association, July 2016
- “Think Outside The Will: A Detailed Look at Alternative Account Designations Where Assets Are Transferred Outside of a Will or Trust“, WealthManagement.com (parent website of REP magazine), September 15, 2015
- “Social Media Amid FINRA Rules,” WealthManagement.com (parent website of REP magazine), July 31, 2015
- “Clearing the Record: Examining the Expungement Process,” Westlaw Journal Securities Litigation & Regulation, October 30, 2014
- “Beware E&O Holes in Your Agency’s Digital Efforts,” Independent Agent Magazine May 27, 2014